Our agency advised today that they received the Power of Attorney (POA) and have overnighted it to arrive Tuesday, 1-15-08 to us to take to China. This is the last document (that I know of) to make this boy a permanent part of our family, and a U.S. citizen! The Power of Attorney form is necessary for Bob to give me authority to adopt our boy without Bob being present. In effect, Bob is naming me his attorney to sign anything I want for him (and he thought he could trust me when I say, "just sign here" without any further explanation). After Bob signed away all of his rights, the form was notarized and then sent to the MN Secretary of State to authenticate the notary's signature and then to the U.S. Department of State to authenticate the MN Secretary of State's signature.
So, now I am officially Bob's "Attorney-in-Fact" -- who knows what I might be able to accomplish with this authority.

No comments:
Post a Comment